Sim Racer's Bucket List - Racing School

Shaun Cole On October 8, 2014

For any sim racer or automotive enthusiast an opportunity to drive a real racecar on a real track would be a chance of a lifetime.  For many of us our bucket list is filled with Cars, race tracks and many other automotive related items.  For me this is the same and I was recently able to knock an item off of my bucket list.

Allen Berg Racing School is a formula type vehicle racing school that runs at a handful of track in the southwest United States.  Their school runs a F1600 race car and has many different programs to give people like me a taste of the action.

I was recently able to attend one of the ABRS classes at Arizona Motorsports Park and I chronicled my experiences along the way.  In this video you get an idea of what it is like to attend a one day racing program like this.

Allen Berg Racing Schools:

ABRS one day program that I ran:

I would also like to thank John Hill for helping facilitate this activity as well as driving me out to phoenix and being the camera man.  In addition I want to thank Allen Berg and the entire ABRS staff, they were some of the best in the business and made this adventure very fun and fulfilling.

Comments

M Conti On 2014-11-29 06:39:31
M Conti

How similar is this car to the AC Tatuus? It looks very similar.

Bill Switzer On 2014-11-27 01:16:44
Bill Switzer

Shaun,  Really enjoyed sharing your driving experience.  The thrill and excitement were definately evident.  It's been a long time ago, for me, but watching this reminded me of my SCCA Regional and National Production Car racing from 1968-1973.  I know the feeling you experienced.  You are now infected;  that feeling will NEVER go away.  That's OK, it's a good thing.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
BillS

Shaun Cole On 2014-10-17 00:13:11
Shaun Cole

It was a great time, and the sort of adventure that everyone shoudl try to save up for and do.  The pricing is usually fairly affordable and their are schools all over the world.

Ellinor Ström On 2014-10-14 11:38:21
Ellinor Ström

Omg, that looks liike awesome fun, i am definitly abit jealous smile

Stephen Spenceley On 2014-10-11 01:18:21
Stephen Spenceley

A really awesome video Shawn, it was great to hear how much you enjoyed the experience despite the weather.

Stephen Spenceley On 2014-10-11 01:18:21
Stephen Spenceley

Paul Tucker On 2014-10-08 20:31:39
Paul Tucker

fantastic watch, really gave me the push to go and do this, great driving guys and Shaun you blazed em, tv guys comments were funny, and John, you must be the only guy who goes racing and gets his road car beat up.....

John G. Hill On 2014-10-08 00:32:51
John G. Hill

One more point, when Shaun mentions the poor visibility in the rain, the video doesn't accurately portray those conditions.  For instance, you see the rooster tails, but you can't see that it's raining, and the camera makes the dark sky conditions in the rain look far brighter than it really was.

Rusty Alford Rusty Alford
“Practice does not make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.”
― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Topic: Top 5 Mental Approach to...View

Andy Rohrer Andy Rohrer
Hey Shaun:

I was hoping to participate in the next race and on Simracing System it says it's at Fuji. Which version of Fuji should I download.

Thanks!

Topic: Setup Shop and Attack The...View

Michael Baley Michael Baley
Sean,
I am all signed up and ready to race in the Carrera Cup, except for one thing.  How do I obtain Road America?  I do not have it in AC as one of my tracks.  Where is it?

Topic: Simpit Porsche Carrera Cup...View

Shane Robinson Shane Robinson
Great review, you've convinced me to buy one of these for my rigsmile

One question, do you think the mounting brackets could be inverted (and swapped left to right) to mount it from the top?

Topic: SRH Control R Sim Racing...View

Amedeo Magoni Amedeo Magoni
Hello Shaun!!!
SINCERE COMPLIMENTS for your PROFESSIONAL Video-Review!!!
VERY SORRY If I contact from here but I don't know other Solution!!!
Can you PLEASE reply me to thread here just under?

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
Amedeo