Spring Cleaning your computer by The Simpit

Shaun Cole On May 18, 2014

To get the most out of any computer it must be clean and have good air flow.  Over time the fans, the filters, and the internals of the computer can become caked in dust.  This will effect your performance and how long the computer will last.  In this episode we show you how to clean out your computer and make it it runs strong.

Comments

Frank Rico On 2014-05-20 23:59:14
Frank Rico

Great vid Shaun. 3 things I would add are:
1. When removing memory, video cards, etc., lay them down either inside the grounded PC case or on another metal surface. If that surface is not grounded, touch the PC case and the metal surface to be sure to drain any static prior to picking up the parts again.

2. Grab memory, video cards, etc., by the edges to minimize static even more.

3. If you MUST spin the fans with compressed air to clean them out, then unplug them first. Spinning them makes them act as generators and they will feed electricity back into the PC and cause more damage to the electronics than to the fan itself.

Frequent cleanings can eliminate the need to remove cards and spin fans which greatly reduces the chances of damaging the PC during cleaning.

Neville Britton On 2014-05-19 18:31:03
Neville Britton

Nice work Shaun :D Another great video!

Billy Graham On 2014-05-19 03:52:13
Billy Graham

Great info !!! I would like to see a show on the specs of your PC , race rig , wheel , pedals , button box , etc. It would be nice for us to know what you use when testing software .

Simulation Junkie On 2014-05-19 00:57:57
Simulation Junkie

Grass on the grill!
Well done.

Debbie Shannon On 2014-05-18 22:14:10
Debbie Shannon

Hey Shaun,
Good for you on returning to your roots.  Keep the helpful tips coming!

Simon Knight On 2014-05-18 21:47:37
Simon Knight

thx for this, been meaning to do it for weeks.

Ray Mattison On 2014-05-18 15:53:27
Ray Mattison

What the hell kind of computer is that!!! It is huge. Specs please.

Rusty Alford Rusty Alford
“Practice does not make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.”
― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Topic: Top 5 Mental Approach to...View

Andy Rohrer Andy Rohrer
Hey Shaun:

I was hoping to participate in the next race and on Simracing System it says it's at Fuji. Which version of Fuji should I download.

Thanks!

Topic: Setup Shop and Attack The...View

Michael Baley Michael Baley
Sean,
I am all signed up and ready to race in the Carrera Cup, except for one thing.  How do I obtain Road America?  I do not have it in AC as one of my tracks.  Where is it?

Topic: Simpit Porsche Carrera Cup...View

Shane Robinson Shane Robinson
Great review, you've convinced me to buy one of these for my rigsmile

One question, do you think the mounting brackets could be inverted (and swapped left to right) to mount it from the top?

Topic: SRH Control R Sim Racing...View

Amedeo Magoni Amedeo Magoni
Hello Shaun!!!
SINCERE COMPLIMENTS for your PROFESSIONAL Video-Review!!!
VERY SORRY If I contact from here but I don't know other Solution!!!
Can you PLEASE reply me to thread here just under?

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
Amedeo