iRacing Trucks - Week 6 - Season Finale

Shaun Cole On December 12, 2014

This is the final episode in what has been a 6 week long quest to achieve a top 20 finish in the iRacing NASCAR fixed truck series.  We have chronicled our efforts all season long, with track previews, qualifying runs, race preparation and then finally the races themselves.  In this episode we finish things off with a brief recap of the weeks racing.  We then cover the points for the week and how they played a roll in the final season standings.  We also congratulate all of the various division winners in the truck series.

Comments

Bobby Keith On 2015-02-17 18:40:50
Bobby Keith

Shaun,

Really enjoyed your iRacing Truck series.  Not sure if you plan on running a video series on iRacing for this season, but like others, I'd like to see you tackle D-Class or greater Road series.   You did a great job not just showing race highlights but explaining about practicing, qualifying, setups, and most of all how the points, iRating, and Safety Rating work and how the race affects it with this Oval series.   You do a better job than iRacing does in its own videos.  So I hope you plan to continue in Season 1 either with the Trucks or with a new series, hopefully on the Road side.

Paul Hickey On 2014-12-15 18:53:20
Paul Hickey

Great series of videos, Shaun. I enjoyed following each week's progress in the fixed truck series. My suggestion would be to run the series that is most attractive and fun for you. That'll provide the extra incentive (over generating video's) to run well. I'm an oval racer, been running the B-Open series for the past 8 seasons, dabbling in the A-open occasionally. That's probably why I enjoyed your video series so much. But, I'm sure that I would enjoy watching your progress throughout a season in a Road series.
Keep up the great work, and keep having fun. It's infectuous.

Charles Grant Jr. On 2014-12-13 14:58:05
Charles Grant Jr.

Hi shaun your truck series videos inspired me to run a full season for points and i've chosen the A class fixed oval for next season and whould love to see how well you will do in that series. Hope to see you at the track.

Chad Brown On 2014-12-13 06:21:20
Chad Brown

Shaun, watching this seris was very entertaining. It actually gave me pause to reconsider joining IRacing. The races looked very competitive and the quality of contender seemed much higher than the Pubby racing I am used to in rFactor 2 and Assetto Corsa. I enjoy the league racing I do in both games, and the level of driver competence is much better in the league races than public servers. However, watching the races you were in makes me believe that joining IRacing may be worth the considerable investment in cars and tracks. This has been the only thing scaring me, and others I suspect, from joining.

In any case, great job and I wish you the best im your next series. I look forward to seeing the videos.

PS, any chance you'll do a new look into rFactor 2?

Shaun Cole On 2014-12-13 04:08:06
Shaun Cole

Great suggestions so far, and both of those are on my radar so far....

Saso Okic On 2014-12-12 18:23:55
Saso Okic

Do some road series. V8 would be fun I think. I see someone else agrees with me on this one. :D

Robert Moyer On 2014-12-12 18:16:02
Robert Moyer

Run the class a cars

Matt Gelder On 2014-12-12 17:59:55
Matt Gelder

I think u should come run the V8 Supercars, Shawn. They are fun to drive and very competitive

Bill Elliott Bill Elliott
TP needs some updating. It is not very intuitive for new users. Instructions are hard to follow at times. Support response is in need of someone's dedication. Having individual paints is a real attraction within iRacing. This needs to be done better or replaced! â€‹Interesting that without member support there would be no answers or help. It's a shame, the program is so popular not to have good management.

Topic: Trading Paints - A must...View

Billy Stanley Billy Stanley
I plan on taking this advice.   Great page!

Topic: Top 5 Mental Approach to...View

Rusty Alford Rusty Alford
“Practice does not make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.”
― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Topic: Top 5 Mental Approach to...View

Andy Rohrer Andy Rohrer
Hey Shaun:

I was hoping to participate in the next race and on Simracing System it says it's at Fuji. Which version of Fuji should I download.

Thanks!

Topic: Setup Shop and Attack The...View

Michael Baley Michael Baley
Sean,
I am all signed up and ready to race in the Carrera Cup, except for one thing.  How do I obtain Road America?  I do not have it in AC as one of my tracks.  Where is it?

Topic: Simpit Porsche Carrera Cup...View